Wednesday 29 April 2009

In Memoriam: Paul Donnachie

Rifleman Paul Donnachie of 2nd Battalion the Rifles was killed in Iraq on Sunday 29th April 2007. He was shot when on patrol in the Al Ashar district of Basra City while providing look out and cover for the others in his section.
His section commander said: " Within a week of his arrival I was sure I'd struck gold with Rifleman Donnachie. He'd do anything for anyone, and there's not much more I could really ask of a Rifleman.... I'll never forget what he did and that he died covering us on the ground."

From his friend, Rifleman Joseph Ciardini: "If I had to describe Donny in few words then I would use brave, random, funny and keen. Donny loved his job, was proud of what he was doing, and made the best of things. We will always remember you, and love you."

MoD: Rifleman Paul Donnachie killed in Iraq