Tuesday 21 April 2009

In Memoriam: John Jones













Sergeant John Jones, from 1st Battalion The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, was killed in Basra on 20th November 2005. He died as a result of injuries received when a roadside bomb detonated near his Landrover while he was leading his patrol through the streets of the city.
Sgt Jones' commanding officer said he would be remembered as an outstanding soldier. "Jonah Jones was a much loved and highly popular member of our Battalion, the First Fusiliers. Brimming with energy, a love of soldiering and an endearing sense of humour and compassion for his men, he will be sorely missed".

I am a Fusilier, trained and ready to deploy.
I will defend my country's freedoms with respect and integrity.
I will always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.
I will place the mission and the team first.
I will never accept defeat, let down my mates or my Regiment.
I will always be one of England's Finest, a Fusilier.
[The Regimental Creed]

R.I.P. John - one of England's Finest