- Loss of one leg at or above knee (trans-femoral or knee disarticulation). : £57,500
- Loss of both kidneys or chronic renal failure: £57,500
- Burns, with deep second degree, third degree, or full thickness burns to the face or face and neck resulting in or expected to result in residual scarring and poor cosmetic results despite treatment and camouflage: £34,500
- Injury to chest, causing permanent major functional limitation and restriction: £28,750
- High velocity gun shot wound affecting skin, subcutaneous tissue and muscle of the abdomen, chest or limbs: £8,250
Compensation paid to MoD office typist for repetitive strain injury to her thumb from operating PC: £484,000
It is now reported that the MoD Police are even carrying out covert surveillance on injured soldiers in order to find excuses to stop their meagre compensation payments.
Visit these links......
- MOD: JSP 765 - the complete list of compensation tariffs
- The Guardian: Brain-injured soldiers 'denied cash'
- The Telegraph: Injured soldier gets 'insulting' £57,000
- The Telegraph: Iraq soldiers forced to go cap in hand
- Daily Mail: Brain-damaged soldier receives 'insulting' compensation
- Daily Mail: Worst injured soldier is awarded less than RAF typist with a sore thumb
- The Sun: MoD spies tail crippled soldiers