Tuesday 16 June 2009

In Memoriam: James Cartwright

Lance Corporal James Cartwright of Badger Squadron, 2nd Royal Tank Regiment was killed in a vehicle accident in Southern Iraq on 16th June 2007. L/Cpl Cartwright was driving a Warrior Armoured Vehicle protecting a re-supply convoy when the vehicle slid off a bridge.

His Squadron Leader said: ""Lance Corporal James 'Jay' Cartwright was a professional and highly motivated soldier. He never did anything by halves, both in his personal life and at work. As my gunner for the majority of the time I knew him very well, relied upon him completely, and was never disappointed. It was a pleasure and a privilege to serve with him."

His friend Trooper John Gregg said: "Jay was one of the best friends I've ever had; he was always there for me, no matter what. I will always remember him as he was like a big brother to me. He was definitely one-of-a-kind and I'm honoured to have been his friend."

MoD: Lance Corporal James Cartwright dies in Iraq
YouTube: Lance Corporal James Cartwright Repatriation Ceremony