The rising death and injury tolls in Iraq and Afghanistan have now led AIG, who run the MoD recommended PAX insurance scheme, to put up the premiums paid by servicemen by a massive 160%; for a family man the premium is now almost £1,000 per year.
If the MoD itself can't provide adequate compensation, then they should be paying the troops' insurance premiums! Perhaps they could be funded from the top brass' £5m entertainment budget or perhaps from the £2billion the bureaucrats are spending on refurbishing their own Whitehall offices.some articles on the subject......
- Daily Mail: Outrage as troops forced to pay £1,000 premiums for life insurance - out of their own pocket
- The Times: Soldiers face increase in cost of personal injury insurance
- The Telegraph: Troops face 160pc rise in cost of insurance
- The Guardian: Big-spending generals top Whitehall dining list
- The Sun: Anger at MoD’s £6m on parties